Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July, and i'm feeling patriotic

At the insistance of Rachel Wolman, and my own need to write, i have created a Kutz Blog.  Its 11:44 Am here at the URJ Kutz camp for Reform Jewish Teen Life.  Today is Maccabia, or Color Wars, in which the whole camp is divided into divisions of Red, Blue, Green and Yellow, to engage in friendly yet competetitive competition (redundant?).  At the end of maccabia, a team is crowned winner, based on the points system.  Points are awarded as a result winning games, spirit, and team attractiveness (my team totally wins).

I find myself wearing rainbow pants, red underwear outside of them, a multicolored towel as a cape, a red 'hug?' hat, a red cup taped to my leg (with red duct tape), and my pants tucked stylishly into my socks.

J-Studs has just ended, which never ceases to question my beliefs and ideas.  In studying the 'torah' section of the CCAR Statement of Principles, we were given 30 minutes and prompted to answer the question, "what does it mean and how do we know God Loves Us"?.  Because i think im coming down with a cold, i decided to go against the norm and stay in the library instead of go outside and ponder.  I came up with the following answer:

What Does it mean "God Loves Us?"

First - This forces us to think of OUR definition of God
Second - It asks us what our relationship w/ OG (Our God) is
Third - How do we KNOW God Loves us?

My answer:

1.  An unknown connection between every person, place and thing, which binds us all together (slightly bouberistic)
2.  I get in touch w/ MG(my God) through moments of self realization, and any time i think  the thought, "you/I/That  Is/Are/Am Holy"
3.  B/c I see the love btwn Friends, Family, Nature, all of whivh are functioning units of God.


Other Answers are:
    -God Is, We Are
    - Just like my parents make me look things up instead of telling me the answer, God gaves us the Torah to look up our answers.

It's time to go to 1st elective now, "hineini - Jewish Ritual".

Baller Out

No comments: